Image Map

22 June 2012

Taco Baked Potatoes



I love Tacos.  But I never finish all my delicious taco meat. So I have had to come up with some creative ways to use it all up (you can only have nachos so many times). One of those ways that is probably my favourite is Stuffed Baked Potatoes. Seriously, I have now taken to making taco meat just to make these delicious things. They are easy and simple to make.
All you need is: 
- left over taco meat (or taco meat made according to your favourite taco seasoning package) 
- potatoes 
-butter 
-milk 
-cheese 
- taco fillings (optional): sour cream, tomatoes, salsa etc 

Start by baking your baked potatoes as normal. Once they are fully cooked, slice in half and carefully remove the middle of the potatoes. 

Mash potatoes as usual. I like to add milk and butter to mine. Then add your taco meat (if you are using left over meat I suggest preheating it first). 


Re-stuff potatoes. Do not be afraid to over stuff them. 

Place cheese on top of potatoes and place back in the over until cheese is just melted. 


Remove from oven and serve with taco toppings. I usually also eat these with a side salad. 


Hope you enjoyed this recipe.  If you have any questions feel free to ask, 
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stoping by!