Image Map

12 September 2012

Peach Crisp




Lately it seems like there are peaches EVERY where! Is it just me or have peaches been extra delicious this year? I walked past a display of them at the grocery store and couldn't help myself from buying a basket. They were extremely fragrant and my mouth immediately began to water. I just had to have some. 

Turns out a basket of peaches is a lot for one person to eat alone. Who knew? So I decided to make one of my favourite fruit desserts (and by dessert I mean breakfast, because I have been totally eating for breakfast all week with Greek Yogurt).    

Peach Crisp Recipe 

Adapted from How Sweet It Is

Ingredients: 

3  peaches, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons loosely packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
crumble
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature




Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lay peaches in a baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar and salt. Toss to coat, then set aside.



In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt, stirring to mix. Mash in softened butter using a fork or your hands, until coarse crumbles remain. Sprinkle topping all over peaches. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until crumble is golden on top. Serve immediately with ice cream or yogurt.



It smelt sooooo good coming out of the oven. It was the perfect amount of crumble to peaches (because the crumble is really the best part). 


What is your favourite peach recipe?
Jaclyn

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! I love peaches.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stoping by!