Image Map

15 January 2013

Flourless Chocolate Walnut Cookies




I decided to make something different this year for the holidays and went with these Flourless Chocolate Walnut cookies (centre of photo). They were fairly easy to make. The only thing I was scared of was over beating the egg whites. The recipe called for 4 egg whites but my batter only needed 3 and others have said they have only used 2. My advice would be too add the egg whites one at a time mixing after each one. The batter is quite thick and resembles a brownie batter. Overall I was happy with the way they turned out and they tasted wonderful. The recipe is available here.

Toast 2 3/4 cups of walnuts at 350 F for 9 mins 

Mix together 3 cups of Powered Sugar with 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons of coco powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in walnuts once they have cooled slightly. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Then add 2-4 egg whites (add egg whites one at a time and mix between each addition. Continue adding whites until dry ingredients are just incorporated. Be careful not to over mix).

Drop tablespoons of batter onto parchment lined baking sheets.  
Bake for 14-16 minutes at 320F until tops are glossy and slightly cracked. 

These were a huge hit this year and I got many requests for the recipe. There were a quick cookie to add to my cookie lineup and they provided something different then what I normally make around the holidays. Plus they are perfect for any time of the year. 
Enjoy! 
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stoping by!