Image Map

29 April 2013

Green Smoothie Challenge - Storing Greens

I started doing the Green Smoothie Challenge  at the beginning of April and then I got sick and stopped for about a week (I really just didn't want to eat anything) but I am back at it and I am loving how energized I feel. They are tastey and full of delicious goodness. 

The one thing I found was that I wasn't able to go through a bunch of greens fast enough before it started going bad and that washing greens everyday was time consuming and annoying. I found a simple solution to both those problems that I thought I would share with you. 

Take your green (in my case Kale) and break it into small pieces.
 Wash and drain your greens 
 Dry throughly. (It would probably be faster to use a lettuce spinner...which I don't own...the joys of student living. haha a clean kitchen towel did just fine) 
Store greens in a ziplock bag with a paper towel placed inside to capture moister and keep greens fresh longer. Also if you find you have way too many greens you can simply throw the ziplock bag into the freezer. 

Hope this helps! 
For my favourite green smoothie recipe click here

Jaclyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stoping by!