Image Map

23 September 2013

Peach Scones


I had some peaches that were on the verge of going bad. Generally, when I have any fruit that I need to use up quickly I throw it in a smoothie or make it into a bake or crisp. I debated turning them into a peach crisp but I know that peach crisp never lives up to the high expectations that apple crisp has set for it and I would just be disappointed. I was at a lost for what to make with them when I came across this post from Cupcakes For Breakfast.  Cupcakes for Breakfast is one of my new favourite blogs.  I feel like I can really relate to Nikki and she always posts beautiful photos of delicious looking food. I had yet to actually try my hand at making on of her recipes.  


These peach scones did not disappoint. Sometimes scones can get too dry but these were the perfect texture and just the right amount of sweetness. I used a pastry cutter to make the batter and I am so glad I picked up this little inexpensive gadget. It will turn making pie crusts into a breeze this fall. 


These scones are wonderful alone or with a cup of tea! 
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stoping by!