Image Map

24 March 2014

Meet Emma from Emma's Looking Glass

One thing that I love about blogging is connecting with other bloggers and the friendships that are formed. I was so excited when UK blogger Emma agreed to be featured on Teacups and Cake. Emma's Looking Glass is on my list of must read blogs and I am always excited to read about Emma's latest adventures. She is always friendly, down to earth and quite charming. To get to know Emma better, I had her answer some questions. Enjoy!


1. Tell me a little bit about Emma's Looking Glass
Emma's Looking Glass is a place for me to share adventures, personal style, recipes and anything else that I like or feel the need to express. I see it as a way of being creative and having fun. I also think it's a great way to document good things in my life.

2.Why did you decided to start blogging and how long have you been blogging for? 

My friend suggested I started blogging a few years ago after helping her out by modelling her costume designs for uni, she thought it could be a great way for me to have fun and share my style and photography, I thought it was a great idea so in 2011 I started my blog. Sadly at the time I was far too ill to commit to blogging. My health improved a little since and in May last year I felt confident that I could attempt to blog again, and since then I have been blogging regularly. 

3. What is your favourite thing about blogging/best experience with blogging so far?

I love how creative blogging is, from writing posts, photography, outfits, to planning outings, it's great seeing it all come together to create a post. I've also found that blogging has made me feel more like myself again. Long term illness made me feel like I lost some of my identity, and I feel that I've found that again, by blogging and interacting with like minded people. I've met a few lovely bloggers in the last few months, it's so nice meeting people who understand blogging! 




4. What influences your personal style? 

There's a few aspects that influence my style, mainly whatever I'm drawn to with a pinch of what's on trend. I love vintage, especially the 60's at the moment. I have a few dresses that I adore from this era. For a few years now I've been a hoarder of floral prints, I'm totally addicted, I think I need professional help! Right now I'm loving black with floral embroidery. 

5. Which post that you have written is your favourite? And why?
My favourite post is about my Christmas tree cupcakes. It's my favourite post as I'm so proud of the cakes and especially the photos I took. I've recently been taking photography classes to learn how to use my camera on manual, these photos were the first proper photos I took after learning the basics. 



6. Tell us about your cat, Alfie.

Alfie aka bag puss on account of his massive tummy, also called saggy knickers, is a very special cat indeed. He's been in my life for almost 11 years and without meaning to sound like a crazy cat lady I feel we have a deep bond. He came into my life when I was having a very difficult time with school and family and he's sat with me while I've been at my lowest with my illness. Unlike most cats it took him 10 years to learn to talk, now he won't stop! Last year I taught him to sit, it seems you can teach an old cat new tricks! 


7. You have some great DIYs and recipes on your blog. Where do you find your inspiration? 

I bake a lot, and I like adding things to recipes I've already tried. I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest - one of the best sites for time wasting with the massive side effect of making you starving after seeing all the great photos of delicious food! 



8. Favourite places in the UK? Must visits for travellers?

I have a few favourite places in the uk. London is amazing, from tourest sites like the London eye, Hyde park, the V&A museum to vintage and unique shops in the east end area, Brick Lane, Portobello road, Spitalfelds. Everything is so close in London, when I studied at LCF I had lectures on oxford street - one of our main destinations for shopping in the heart of London and then less than 20 minutes later I'd be back on the main site in the east end.

I also love the countryside, one of my favourite places is cornwall, I go every summer, it's great to be out in the country and minutes from stunning coast. Also all the little seaside towns with their old buildings, Polperro is one of my favourites, there's a house there covered in seashells. St Ives, Port Isaac and Padstow are beautiful too.



9. You are quite the accomplished Cake Decorator. Any tips, for those like me, looking to start?

That's a massive compliment - thank you! I would say don't give up, if in doubt on how to do something look it up on YouTube - I learnt how to make fondant roses and other flowers that way. There's so many tutorials on there. Always take your time and practice as much as you can. 




To hear more from Emma check out her blog Emma's Looking Glass
post signature

1 comment:

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stoping by!