Image Map

17 March 2013

Chocolate Baileys Cupcakes!


I knew I wanted to make an alcoholic cupcake for St. Patty's Day. I have been meaning to make Chocolate cupcakes with Bailey's butter cream for awhile now. I love the combo of chocolate and Bailey's. I knew this was the perfect opportunity and got festive with some green icing and sprinkles. 

For the Cupcake: 
Use your favourite chocolate cupcake recipe. I used one from Annie's Eats.  It is super simple and really yummy. I use it as the base of many of my cupcakes 


I wasn't going to fill these but then I decided they needed a little something extra so I made some Bailey's cream.  
For the Cream: 
1/2 cup whipping cream 
1/4 cup Baileys 
1 tbs butter 
2 tbs sugar 
1 tsp corn starch 
Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Combine whipping cream, butter, sugar and corn starch in a small pan. Bring to a boil. Then stir in Baileys. If you would like to make it more of a gauche add about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. 

Once cupcakes have cooled, cut a cone in the middle of each of them and fill with 1-2 tsp of filling.





 For the frosting: 
1 cup butter (room temp) 
3 cups icing sugar 
1/4 cup Baileys 
Optional: 3-4 drops of green food colouring 

Whip butter until it is light and fluffy. Add icing sugar one cup at a time until desired sweetness and texture is obtained. Add 1/4 Baileys and whip to combine. 

Frost cupcakes as you wish. 
Enjoy! 
-Jaclyn 

Happy St. Patricks Day! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear, such a nice blog you have. These look amazing, yummy. I am your new follower.. Hope you follow back.. (?) ;)

    Have a nice day sweetie. :*

    http://elizabethlore.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stoping by!